Content of doctoral studies focuses mostly on the increase of participation of people with disabilities in the society as well as the improvement of quality of their lives. Special attention is given to social aspects.
The PhD Study Programme offers education in wide spectrum of special-education disciplines. Students of the programme are prepared to develop the scientific discipline of special education in the above mentioned new prospective and to solve up-to-date problems related to quality of life of people with disabilities.
Individual courses also cover topical aspects of special education in the international context.
Research activities should preferably cover:
• Early age including special educational diagnostics and intervention
• Family with a disabled child and its position in the society
• Social, cultural and occupational integration of people with disabilities, including integration of pupils and students with special needs into the mainstream basic schools
• Development of special educational and social rehabilitation methods, techniques and procedures
• Changes in approach of general public to people with disabilities
• Development of the system of special education, its main structural parts, including the development of the theory of life quality of people with disabilities
1) Discussion about the dissertation/thesis. The project (including bibliography) of up to 10 pages on the candidate´s selected specialized topic must be sent together with the application for doctoral studies and it should include the characteristics of the research problem, the basic idea of the goals and structure of the issue and the methods used in theoretical research and professional literature.
2) Presentation of knowledge base and current literature in the area and submission of a list of literature on special education and related fields.
Candidates are admitted to study if they meet all admission requirements
a) officially-verified certification of completed undergraduate degree (Master´s degree progeramme)
b) to pass an entrance examination, reach minimum number of point determined by the Dean,
c) to meet any other requirements specified by a given field of study.
Evaluation Criteria will be rated from 1 to 10 points, with a maximum score of 10 and a minimum score of 7.
Graduates of PhD Study Programme are ready for creative research activities in the area of special education with the focus on selected discipline of the scientific field (speech-therapy, surdopedy, ethopedy, somatopedy, psychopedy, ophtalmopedy, specific learning difficulties). Graduates grasp research methodology, current status of research findings in the selected discipline and related scientific disciplines. Graduates gain preconditions for team work and participation in research projects including the international ones. Graduates are qualified for educational and research activities at university and relevant research institutions.